Welcome!

Konnichiwa! This is our 2o13 class homepage. Here, we will post pictures and stories from our days here in South Dakota. Please let your families know about this page so they can share in our travels and experiences throughout these next two weeks. Your teachers and your host families are here to help you, so please let us know if you need anything at all. Enjoy!

Monday, August 5, 2013

Our First Day

Today was a big day for the students!  They spent the morning testing with Colleen, and then Amy and I met them right around lunchtime.  We spent class today getting to each other a bit better.  The students are enthusiastic and excited to be in South Dakota. 

Here are some pictures from our day:

The men of Tamagawa posing like a DSU Trojan:


One student, Daisuke, celebrated his 20th birthday today!  So, we sang "Happy Birthday," introduced him to the American miracle that is a DQ ice cream cake, and listened to his favorite Taylor Swift song:






The kids playing Bingo while learning more English vocabulary:




Saki, the student leader of the Tamagawa group, being welcomed by the DSU Arts and Sciences dean:


It was a great first day, and we are all beat.  Tomorrow promises more adventures!




3 comments:

  1. I'm Azumi.
    I looked forward to that I could go to school today. But, there was a test so I was tense. Class was very fun. I laughed a lot!:) I look forward to class in the future, too. And I was glad to be able to encounter the host family of other students in a program picnic.
    p.s. Daisuke,Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Rina.
    It was the university school attendance first day today.Dakota State University was so good.However, the room which I tested was very cold.And test was difficult:( After that we have a dinnner in Problem Picnic, it was so fun.I look forward to class in the future!
    p.s. Daisuke Happy Birth Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the best day today.Becouse everybady did my birthday party.Besides, it was a surprise.Everybady sang "Happy Birthday" and said "Happy Birthday Daisuke".And SDU teachers prepared for a ice cake. It was so sweet.it was too glad to express it by words. I have never had such an experience.Thank you, everybady.Let's make good studying abroad and make a lot of memories. Have good three weeks.I love everybady.
    Daisuke

    ReplyDelete