Welcome!

Konnichiwa! This is our 2o13 class homepage. Here, we will post pictures and stories from our days here in South Dakota. Please let your families know about this page so they can share in our travels and experiences throughout these next two weeks. Your teachers and your host families are here to help you, so please let us know if you need anything at all. Enjoy!

Monday, August 12, 2013

Kiss the Cooks!

Today, we spent the day out at the St. Thomas Rec Center on Lake Herman where we had a beautiful view of the lake.  The students were responsible for making all of lunch today, so they planned, shopped for, and prepared the entire menu.  It was a lot of fun, not to mention delicious!

Team Obara deciding on their menu:



Daisuke, Shoko, and Saori writing their menu on the board:


This is what we went shopping for at Sunshine Foods:


Takeru getting a push from Takashi:


Keisuke prepping lunch out at St. Thomas:


We're in America for sure!


Busy cooking away!  The students made fried rice and beef curry, a pork, egg, and noodle dish, cheese pizza, Caesar salad, and cut up lots of fresh fruit.  It was delicious!


After lunch, the students played catch and soccer on the lawn.  We were lucky to have another gorgeous day:


Here's Takashi and Rina playing soccer:


It wasn't all fun and games, though (even though it kind of was!).  We worked on listening skills, played an alphabet game, and studied definite and indefinite articles.  It was another great day, and the students showed great teamwork and patience with each other in the kitchen.  Tomorrow, we head to De Smet, SD, to see the home of Laura Ingalls Wilder.

10 comments:

  1. I'm Rina.
    Today,my group was cooked "Omusoba",Caesar salad and some fruits in Lake Herman.Boys was better at cooking than me:( And "Omusoba" was so good!! After that we played tag, soccer and catch ball. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Azumi.
    Today,we cooked lunch. My gloup cooked beef curry, Caesar salad and fruit punch. A taste was very very good. It was very pleasant to cook. And the St. Thomas Rec Center on Lake Herman was beautiful! We played tag and talked together. I laughed a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m Saori.
    Today, we cooked lunch at Lake Herman. My group cooked Caesar salad, curry and rice and fruit punch. We enjoyed cooking and we ate lunch at outside. It was wonderful view!! Lindy and Amy’s homemade pizza was very delicious!!
    After that we played catch ball and studied about articles. I had such a productive day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today, we cooked lunch at Lake Herman.My group cooked Omuretsu fried noodles,Ceasar salad and fruits.Other team cooked Carry and rice and Fruit punch.It was fun to cook with everyone.It was so good.Then we played soccer and talked about ♡.Today was like school trip.
    Finally I love everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm Takeru.
    Today, we cooked lunch at Lake Harman. Our group cooked "Omusoba" and Ceasar salad and fruits. It was so delicious!! And cooking is so fun.
    After, we play soccer and catchball and so on.
    Today was so fun!! I love everyone too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today, I was so tired. because, I'm not good at cooking! Cooking is very difficult. But lunch was very delicious!
    After the lunch, I've played soccer. I enjoyed today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm Fumiaki.
    Today,we cooked lunch.Omusoba,Ceasar salad,Carry,and fruits were so good!
    After lunch,we played soccer and talked.Those were so fun!Today,I spent a nice day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m Shoko.
    Today, we did to cooking. First, we talked about favorite food in America. Team Obara decided to cook Omusoba and more. Team Kuniyoshi decided to cook carry and rice and more. And then, we went to supermarket, and bought some foods and drinks. We cooked in House at the Lake Herman. To cooking was fun, and the cooking was very good! We ate in the terrace as we see beautiful view! After lunch, I played soccer and game, I take many picture. I enjoyed today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm Tadashi
    Today,cooked Carry and rice,Ceasar salad!!
    This is good !!
    Lake is very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm Eisuke.
    Cooking is so defficult! I was cutting fluits and washed any food.
    Our food was delicious!
    I and Takeru went to Sioux Falls after Lunch.
    We welcome to our hostfamily's brother.
    He was very good bascketball player!!

    ReplyDelete